for information describing items in the repository
- Access to some or all of the metadata is controlled.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided:
- the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given
- DKUM (Digital library of University of Maribor) is mentioned
for full-text and other full data items
- Access to some or all full items is controlled.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- displayed or performed in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge, provided:
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the original copyright statement is given
- the original rights permission statement is given
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full items must not be harvested by robots except transiently for full-text indexing or citation analysis
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- Some full items are individually tagged with different rights permissions and conditions.
for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- DKUM (Digital library of University of Maribor) holds all types of materials.
- Deposited items may include:
- submitted versions (as sent to journals for peer-review)
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
- Items are individually tagged with:
- their version type and date.
- their peer-review status.
- their publication status.
- Principal Languages: English; Slovenian; German; Croatian; Hungarian
concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members, academic staff, registered students, and employees of the institution
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- Eligible depositors must deposit bibliographic metadata for all their publications.
- Eligible depositors must deposit full texts of all their publications, although they may delay making them publicly visible to comply with publishers' embargos.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of DKUM (Digital library of University of Maribor), and valid layout & format
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is checked by internal subject specialists.
- Items can be deposited at any time, but will not be made publicly visible until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If DKUM (Digital library of University of Maribor) receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained for at least 20 years from the date of deposition.
- No functional specification policy has been defined.
- DKUM (Digital library of University of Maribor) regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- The original bit stream is retained for all items, in addition to any upgraded formats.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder, but this is strongly discouraged.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Journal publishers' rules
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are deleted entirely from the database.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are not retained.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- The earlier version may be withdrawn from public view.
- In the event of DKUM (Digital library of University of Maribor) being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.