University of Maribor is introducing submittal of doctor's dissertations and thesis to an international bibliographical database Dissertations and Theses with the start of academic year 2012/2013 which puts University of Maribor in a group of universities that systematically include original scientific dissertations and theses in an internationally recognised database which is a primary source of such information.
DATABASE COLLECTION PROQUEST DISSERTATIONS AND THESES
- An international bibliographical database of record for graduate research worldwide.
- Includes over 1600 universities worldwide.
- University of Maribor is a first university in Slovenia that will include all of it's doctor's dissertations and theses in Proquest Dissertations and Theses database collection.
BENEFITS OF INCLUDING DOCTOR'S DISSERTATIONS IN A DATABASE COLLECTION PROQUEST DISSERTATION AND THESES
- Inclusion in a biggest international database collection of doctor's dissertations.
- Larger recognition of University of Maribor's and author's scientific researches.
- Permanent archiving guaranteed - Library of Congress (University of Maribor would have access to it's doctor's theses even if it's access to a full database was cancelled).
- Authors are intitled to a share of income if their work is sold in either electronic or printed edition.
- Submittal of doctor's disseratations and theses to the Dissertations and Theses database is mandatory by conclusion of the Senat of University of Maribor.
- Service is charge free.
- Doctor's dissertations must be submitted in a .pdf format through Proquest's web portal in a Dissertations & Theses database which is available through Digital library of University of Maribor (DLUM) – tab PQDT – Submittal of doctor's dissertations.
- With sumbital the author is giving up his/hers material author's rights only for a submitted copy of his/hers doctor's dissertations or theses. Proquest has inexclusive material author's rights only for the submitted .pdf copy.
- The author is obliged to submit a full-text .pdf copy, but only first 20 pages are visible in a database collection so users of a database collection are only entitled to see abstract, bibliographical information and first few pages of the document free of charge.
- The author has a possibility to publish his/hers documents as freely available texts which is a worldwide trend in modern scientific communication (PQDT Open;inf.: http://pqdtopen.proquest.com/about.html)