Based on today's pace of life we find less and less time for ourselves. Stress accompanies us throughout our daily lives. In fact, we are already so accustomed to it, we don't detect it until it's too late.
It's present both in the developed and undeveloped world. It's a physiological, psychological and behavioral response of individuals who are trying to get used to stressors, that come from their work and private environment. It can be distinctly observed in the workplace and in all kinds of services.
The causes of stress at work are mostly pressure, excessive demands and way of communication with the superior-subordinate. That alone can lead to interference in creativity and efficiency. At work, we encounter various stressors such as: uncertainty of the role, working conditions, type of employment, overburdening of the individual, lack of fairness, organizational factors, insufficient reward, delimitation between work and breaks, responsibility for other employees, harassment and violence in the workplace.
The consequences can be seen fairly quickly on the body of the individual. It can cause emotional, physical and behavioral problems. Work productivity decreses, we often arrive late and we tend to come off as aggressive and argumentative.
Stress is also dangerous when burned in the workplace. Over time, it could lead to serious disturbances, which could affect our health and ability to perform tasks. Apart from that, it affects our personal lives.
In the research we carried out we found the following:
- most employees confirmed that they are sometimes under stress and find it difficult to perform their tasks.
- As the most common cause of stress, employees report problems with colleagues and time constraints.
- Insomnia, nervousness and distress are the most frequent effects of stress experienced by employees.
- employees are also acquainted with relaxation techniques, in particular, they use healthy eating and walks in nature, and listen less to music and don't socialize with friends as much.
- in the final stage, employees are satisfied with the continuity of employment, work and colleagues.|